Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Friendship, Intimacy and Love...

I have done two Thursday Thirteens and a blog about Friendship, Intimacy and it goes without saying; love. Nothing worthwhile happens in this world without love, the most precious gift that can be passed between us. Friendship, Intimacy and love keep us all engaged in life and enable us to get through the big and little storms that life brings across our paths.

This subject has become very important to me and just won't leave me alone, not that I want it to; not at all. The more I look, the more I find. At times I feel a little consumed by all the things that are running through my mind on this amazing topic. And the more I think about it all, the more I realize I understand and yet do not understand. It is one thing to think about these things intellectually and quite another to be involved in friendship, intimacy and love.

Emotions and feelings either bring elation or despair, very often so high you could fly on the love that is shared. Other times those wonderful feelings can disappear and the drop to the bottom of the emotional roller coaster is very fast indeed. But I could not bear life without that roller coaster.

I have written a poem that looks at the darker side of relationship, one act that can destroy every good thing that is possible between people. I believe it would be remiss of me to only cover the 'nice' aspects of this subject. Anyway, here is the poem and links to my other poems in the series I am working on. I am looking forward to writing some of the 'nice' stuff again, I don't like to dwell on the darker emotions and feelings for too long. Hope those of you who read this work get something positive out of my effort.

Love,





Temptation

Temptation whispering
Clouding the mind
Crawling inside her

Desperate need
Craving release
Exacting its price

Sleepless night
Thoughts won't cease
"Give in", they whisper

Early morning light
Illuminating
Untamed yearnings

Selfish desire
Calling his name
Branding anxious flesh

Heart of stone
Conscience bleeding
Dead to truth

Impossible to deny
Giving into temptation
Lost in betrayal!


Links: Intimacy, Friendship, Not Alone.

5 comments:

  1. conscience bleeding....what an interesting way to say guilt. I enjoy your writing...it is so deep it takes me a while to understand it.


    and....I often ride a roller coaster of emotions too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faithlessness has killed a lot of relationships, depending on how it's handled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes this is very deep but I like it. Those are emtions I have gone through...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should leave the link to this on Fiction Friday:

    http://www.romanceroundtable.com/?p=687#comments

    ReplyDelete

Falling Water by Frank Lloyd Wright

Falling Water by Frank Lloyd Wright
click on the photo for link

Flat Stanley near Castlemaine, Victoria.