Friday, December 19, 2008

5 sleeps until Christmas Day...

Haiku Friday


Christmas busyness
things too many; dizzying
torn this way and that

enthusiasm waning
lost my reason for season
how to get it back?




















It seems to me that the World has
lost sight of the meaning and message
of Christmas. The days leading up
to Christmas have be drowned in
meaningless advertising, rush and
bustle and a fever of purchasing.

I have lost my enthusiasm for the
world's variety of Christmas. So,
now I want to find my way back to
the peace that comes with the simple
reasons for the season. The birth of
the Savior of the world...Jesus.


Being able to write this helps
reaffirm what I believe. I do not
have to sell my soul to the merchandising
moguls of the world. I can still be just me.

Love,

3 comments:

  1. Great 'ku. You're right...it seems as though we've lost sight of the real meaning of christmas.

    thanks for visiting my haiku friday. yes the weather here has been treacherous and today is not looking good either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Christmas can be what we make it, and I'm glad that you are making it what it means to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hustle, bustle, searching
    Must achieve perfection
    The perfect gift, the perfect trip, the perfect fruitcake
    To achieve the perfect moment;
    When love brings the perfect smile
    To the people I need the most

    ReplyDelete

Falling Water by Frank Lloyd Wright

Falling Water by Frank Lloyd Wright
click on the photo for link

Flat Stanley near Castlemaine, Victoria.