Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Poem a day challenge...

Day 6 Prompt: Something missing

Another candle wasted
waiting for you
pools of wax hardening
like my heart

I'm cold inside and out
rejected
dejected--hurt

too many nights waiting
knowing
you're not coming

don't know if I can do
it anymore
this game you play is
hard to bear

saddens me that you
don't give a damn

lost
lonely
missing you



















Brokenhearted by Lyne Southworth

I was looking for a photo to go with today's poem and found this lovely piece of art instead. I looked no further because of the rabbit keeping the woman company. Those of you that know me will associate the rabbit with me. This is not particularly about me, but about every adult that has ever been hurt in love.


Love,


7 comments:

  1. i can feel your feelings in this one. VERY well written!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem is masterful, because absolutely everyone can put themselves into it.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoever it's about, it's got beautiful imagery. Hardening pools of wax. Heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful poem. I could feel the pain.
    Happy Easter Eaton! I will be back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eaton, this is one of my favorite poems that you've written. So sad, moving and honest. Love the candle image, and the picture of the lady with the rabbit to go with the poem. Evey

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this very much and am ranking it #2 behind The Outsider.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww I just want to huggle you, very very moving! *huggles*

    ReplyDelete

Falling Water by Frank Lloyd Wright

Falling Water by Frank Lloyd Wright
click on the photo for link

Flat Stanley near Castlemaine, Victoria.