Thursday, April 30, 2009

Poem a day challenge...second last day!

Day 29 Prompt: Never...

Never be the same
Words fell from my mouth
I couldn't stop them
realities you didn't expect

I hadn't considered the
impact
not one thought at all

never be the same
echoes in my head


thing is

I don't believe I would
alter a word even if it
changed your mind

sadly from a distance
I remain most tenderly
yours
~~

I submitted the poem with the crossed out lines in it. When I blogged the poem I realized I didn't like those two lines, but they connect the poem to the prompt.
~sigh~ :)
Love,

5 comments:

  1. I really like the crossed out lines. I think it adds to the poem.

    Fabulous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you did it for effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the poem as it is.
    One more to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my eye wanted to add "It will" at the head of the crossed out verse.

    I like this because no matter how much you would "take it back" there is never a guarantee that the hearer will give the words back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm gonna miss your poem... this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Falling Water by Frank Lloyd Wright

Falling Water by Frank Lloyd Wright
click on the photo for link

Flat Stanley near Castlemaine, Victoria.