Tuesday, December 6, 2011

for your mom and mine - connections






















beneath my breast
my heart races -
aches with intensity
I clutch at memories
some yours, hers
tangled with mine

I see you two-stepping
your life dancing in front of me
the scenes I imagine
cause a melancholy
to rise up inside me
in ways I can’t find the words for
only emotions
beyond my comprehension
wound around love
sight unseen

on my left my mum
the girl she was
beckons me to tell her story
on the right you hold my attention
marigolds in your hair -
a baffling connection

who am I?
who were either of you?
I cannot see the fullness of the past
have words too few to do us credit
love you - is all I can say.

*

love,
Eaton

3 comments:

  1. That's beautiful, and heart aching. Simply lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eden, what a fabulous surprise...so glad you came to visit and got to read this. Big hugs and a wonderful Christmas. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. two-stepping your life... wonderful, as is the rest of the poem; I understand this poem on so many levels. Thank you for writing and sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Falling Water by Frank Lloyd Wright

Falling Water by Frank Lloyd Wright
click on the photo for link

Flat Stanley near Castlemaine, Victoria.