Thursday, March 27, 2008

Addiction.

This is a new adventure for me, I have never been interested in poetry before.
Over Easter I had a compelling urge to try my hand at some. I had poetic words
and phrases running around in my head the whole time, rhyme and rhythm
keeping me up at night :)


Addiction:

Cravings draw me to your door
I can’t stay away
no not anymore

Aching to fulfil this Lust
I have to have you now
I must

Senses cry out to explore
hurry please
I implore

Lingering at your door
I beg you
just once more

Desire binds me to you still
bending me
to your will

My thirst for you
no longer
can I slake

I can’t make
this hunger wait

Too late! Too late! Too late!


It was difficult to write and took a lot of twisting and turning in my mind to get the words just how I wanted them. I now appreciate poetry on an entirely different level. I hope you enjoy my deeper musings :)

6 comments:

  1. Nice twist of words, Eaton! I like. Poetry can be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a great first shot, Byz! Very intense. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! I agree that poetry is much more difficult than it looks to write. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Eaton, I was tagged, so now you are too! Tag, You're it!

    ReplyDelete

Falling Water by Frank Lloyd Wright

Falling Water by Frank Lloyd Wright
click on the photo for link

Flat Stanley near Castlemaine, Victoria.