Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - 148th Edition




Thirteen Things about Eaton


I don't have one, but I like the artistic value of the ones that are true creative works. I am fascinated with how much pain people will go through to get one; or more. I am intrigued by the different reasons for getting them. And I am aghast at what people will actually do to their bodies...

You guessed?





the

Tattoo!



1.... Star Trek fans will go to all lengths it seems, to keep their favorite characters with them.





2.... Imagine waking up to that every morning for the rest of your life... :(






3.... My mom once told me, "fact is stranger than fiction" - I think she was right...







4.... Naive me! I thought women didn't have tattoos in the 1940's...




If you embarrass easily, there are some bare and nearly bare bodies past this point...








5.... This young lady almost has no need of clothes...








6.... Fantasy, beautiful - ethereal...








7.... Gracefully Japanese...








8.... hmm... :)








9.... Breathtaking! Look at all that ink work, how do people stand the pain and how long would that take...?









10... Very romantic, delightful...








11... Stunning and startling and very sexy...









12... This is from Strike The Box, a site showing fire men and fire women's tattoos...







13... Another Strike The Box tattoo. These tattoos remind us of the precarious nature of the profession.

I guess people have all different reasons for permanently marking their bodies, I don't profess to understand every body's reasons for getting tattooed, not by a long shot. I do appreciate the beauty, the meaning and purpose of some and shake my head at others. All in all it can be a quirky world...













Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




Noony
Liz
Andi
Long Relationships
Kat
marnini
The Daily Dawn
Gwen Mitchell Fiction
Tess Miller
Brain Freeze
Red Embers

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eaton!

    Those are incredible. I saw where one woman had a bamboo image actually carved into the skin. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Some of them are beautiful, but they all look so painful!

    ReplyDelete

Falling Water by Frank Lloyd Wright

Falling Water by Frank Lloyd Wright
click on the photo for link

Flat Stanley near Castlemaine, Victoria.