Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Award


I am amazed, two Awards in one week. Thank you Betty, I am excited that you thought of me and to receive the award. More importantly I like what the award represents...being close to friends, even though incredibly large distances divide us. My home base for writing, Writer's Retreat Forum, is just that, home and my very first writer friends on the Internet hang out there. When I started blogging I honestly never expected to connect with people. I thought I was just opening an avenue to share what I write, hoping like crazy that someone, anyone would read my stuff. All my new friendships are an unexpected, awesome bonus that I happily embrace. :)

This reward is in Portuguese so the translation is below.

"This blog invests and believes, in proximity"[meaning, that blogging makes us 'close' -being close through proxy] How awesome is that??

"They are all charming blogs, and the majority of them aim to show the marvels of friendship; there are persons who are not interested when we give them a prize, and then they help to cut these bows; do we want that they are cut, or that they propagate?

Then let's try to give more attention to them! So with this prize we must deliver it to 8 bloggers that in turn must make the same thing and put this text.

So here are my 8, Old friends and New:

1...Noony

2...Alice

3...Dawn

4...Danica

5...Andi

6...Grace

7...Val

8...JM

5 comments:

  1. Thank you! :)

    JM @ Long Relationships

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I accept. Just give me a few weeks to work it into my schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Laughing at Alice's comment. She's so nuts--she must be OCD because she plans her entries out so far.)

    You are the bestest, Eaton. I'm grinning widely. Can you see? Can you see?

    Hugs, big hugs,
    Andi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much... I'll get it put up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first award!!!! How exciting :) Thanks so much. I really appreciate it (((Hugs))) Val

    ReplyDelete

Falling Water by Frank Lloyd Wright

Falling Water by Frank Lloyd Wright
click on the photo for link

Flat Stanley near Castlemaine, Victoria.